The Digest is a weekly recap and guide to the internet, helping you keep tabs on everything geeky.
Happenings this past week.
- NYT announced they will be coming to Flipboard
- iOS 6 Beta 2 was released
And this is a great roundup of all of the new stuff in it.
- Cheddar app was released
Doubt I will ever use it, but it's certainly nice enough to at the very least mention here.
- The iPhone turned five years old
- The Nexus 7 was released
And here is The Verge's excellent review. Too long to read? Just watch the video.
- Google released Chrome and Drive for iOS.
Will probably have tons of downloads but little use.
- The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack preview came out
This sounds incredible.
- Pixar's Brave was released
And from what I hear, while it may not be a classic like Finding Nemo, it was pretty darned good.
- Apple released their official Podcasts app
But most of us geeks will still prefer Pocket Casts.
Gems in the Rough
The best links, sites, videos, and things you should see from this past week.
- Why "Call Me Maybe" is so addictive
I now feel less bad about humming this song.
- Macworld's take on the Retina MacBook Pro
- The things Chris Bowler does when setting up a new Mac
Very helpful for when you plan on setting up a new Mac. Definitely bookmark this for future reference.
- Mac Power Users workflow interview with Merlin Mann III
- How movie theaters should be laid out
The Oatmeal is back with another great comic. (Beware of some vulgar language.)
- How to properly title your links
Or at least why they should never say "Click Here".
- Some great Launch Center Pro examples
- Beautifully simple Lego ad
This is so awesome.
- The future, as it turns out, was not this past week
- A great song to listen to while working
Via Parth Dhebar.
Tweet of the Week
Funny, didn't *think* I was living on the surface of the sun... img.ly/kaGF— Gedeon Maheux (@gedeon) June 29, 2012