For those of you that do not know, a few weeks ago I noticed that Safari was running way to slowly, and was bringing my whole computer to a halt.
Just to keep you all up to date: I could not for the life of me tell you why, but suddenly, when I checked again today, Safari is back to its normal, speedy self. And so I am saying goodbye to Chrome, and am switching back to my preferred browser of choice.
Now, people on Twitter seemed to want to know more about what I didn't like about Chrome (or, to phrase that better, why I simply prefer Safari), so here's a list of a few things:
- The things mentioned in my previous post about the topic, linked to above.
- There is no pop-over dictionary integration.
- The way it downloads (and deals with downloaded files) is, in my opinion, inferior to Safari's.
- The poor Top Sites interface.
- I absolutely despise how Chrome does browser history.
But it's all good now because I'm using Safari again.